Faith Bible Women’s Fashion Show and Luncheon
- Theme: Larger Than Life – celebrating the magnificence of God
- Date: Monday, January 28 10:30 – 1:00 (Shopping at 10:30, luncheon begins at 11:00)
- Place: Palmer Country Club 100 Grand Fairway (off Cochrans Crossing), The Woodlands
- Cost: $20 Deadline for ticket purchases was Jan. 23.
- Childcare: Provided at Faith Bible Church by registration only. 10am-1:30pm. Deadline for childcare registration was Jan. 23.
- Questions? Contact Betty Chandler at (936) 321-1698.
The Fashion Show and Luncheon is an annual event of Faith Bible Women for the purposes of outreach and fellowship. This is an event to which our women can invite their friends and neighbors for a time of fun and fellowship, and also a clear presentation of the Good News of Jesus Christ. This year the theme is Larger Than Life, and the desire is to convey how magnificent and infinite our God is.
The Fashion Show and Luncheon began twenty-two years ago through the efforts of Betty Chandler out of her passion to convey God’s love to every woman she could reach. God gave her the desire to offer an event that was inviting and fun for women to attend but was not a “typical” church setting, and the idea of a Fashion Show was born. What began as, in Betty’s own words, a “little thing we did” has grown tremendously and been used by God in amazing ways to touch women’s lives for Christ. Of course, Betty does not do this on her own – she has a group of dedicated ladies working with her to create a delightful event.
Each year as soon as the Fashion Show and Luncheon has ended, Betty begins to pray about the the next year’s event. When God put this year’s theme, Larger Than Life, on her heart, Betty wasn’t entirely convinced she was hearing right. She asked God for confirmation because of her skepticism, then turned on her television. The first thing she saw on TV were the words “Larger Than Life” ribboned across the top. As she put it, “When God gives you something, He can really make it clear!” And with that kind of beginning for this years’ event, it’s so exciting to think of what else God has planned! This is something you won’t want to miss – so invite your friends and neighbors to join us for fashion, fellowship and faith!